Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Why sentient beings are precious and recognizing their kindness
- Looking beyond superficial characteristics to see our common humanity
- How to have a strong mind when encountering difficulties
- The meaning of “seeing ourselves as the lowest of all”
- Overcoming arrogance and respecting others’ qualities
41 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Eight Verses of Thought Transformation Verses 1-2 (download)
- Why are our enemies precious?
- Why do we have to respect ourselves in order to have compassion for others?
- What is the benefit in “seeing ourselves as the lowest of all.”
A meditation outline for this teaching can be viewed here.