Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- An explanation of the four truths and imagining nirvana
- The benefits of contemplating our unsatisfactory circumstances
- Three types of dukkha and what makes Buddhism unique
- Ignorance as the cause of all of our unsatisfactory conditions
- Understanding the different levels of dependent arising
06 Approaching the Buddhist Path: The Four Truths of the Aryas (download)
- What are the four things that the Aryas have seen as truth?
- Why is it important to learn the four truths?
- Why is it purposeful to recognize and reflect on our suffering?
- What is the Dharma we take refuge in?
- What are the reasons for the uniqueness of the three jewels?
- What are the three levels of dependent arising?
- What is the subtlest meaning of dependent arising?