Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Signing the contract for the new Buddha Hall the Abbey plans to build
- Examining our mind constantly and applying antidotes to afflictions
- Importance of daily meditation to change our negative thought patterns
- How “accepting defeat and offering victory to others” releases our resentment
- Overcoming contempt or fear towards persons with mental or physical suffering
- What it means to really forgive and how that is beneficial
- Trusting others well based on their specific abilities or skills
45 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Eight Verses of Thought Transformation Verses 3-6 (download)
- Instead of suppressing emotions or pretending they are not there, what does the Dalai Lama advise on how to handle our emotions?
- What is the most beneficial antidote in the long-term and why?
- Why are situations where we are hurt by someone we trusted precious opportunities to practice?