Pearl of Wisdom, Book IBuddhist Prayers and Practices
A compilation of prayers and practices commonly taught to people beginning to study and practice Buddhism in the Tibetan tradition. This text, along with instruction from a qualified teacher, serves as an indispensable foundation for students of all levels.
About the book
This book is a compilation of prayers and practices that are commonly taught to people beginning to study and practice Buddhism in the Tibetan tradition. These prayers and practices are designed to elevate our mind by directing our thoughts toward loftier subjects such as the determination to be free from all problems, the heart dedicated to attaining enlightenment for the benefit of all beings, and the wisdom realizing things as they are.
Since our mind, with its various thoughts and emotions, creates and determines what we experience in life, directing it toward realistic and worthwhile subjects is extremely beneficial. Using Pearl of Wisdom, Book I as a basis, and complementing it with instruction from a qualified teacher, one can do this.
May you enjoy and benefit from the Buddha’s teachings!
More prayers and practices
- Recitations Before and After Teachings
- Meditation on the Buddha
- Abbreviated Recitations
- Short Texts to Recite and Contemplate
- The Extensive Offering Practice
- Evening Chants
- Purification Practices
- Dedication Verses
- Long Life Prayers
- Verses Before and After Meals
- Verses for Various Occasions
- The Eight Mahayana Precepts Ceremony
- Refuge and Precepts
- Guidelines for the Practice of Refuge
- The Six Preparatory Practices
- Practicing Dharma in Daily Life
- Praise of the Teacher, the Buddha, Through His Twelve Deeds
- Consecration Ritual