Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- How the same situation can provoke a courageous or despondent fear
- Understanding the difference between the two types of hope and fear
- Developing self-worth by not comparing ourselves to others
- Secular and Buddhist antidotes to depression
- The kindness of others as a remedy to many afflictions
18 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Qualities to Abandon and Cultivate (download)
- What are the advantages of practicing joyous perseverance/effort?
- What worldly activities have you done that were infused with joyous effort and what difficulties did you overcome with a joyful determined mind?
- What dharma activities have you done that were infused with joyous effort and what difficulties did you overcome with a joyful determined mind?
- How do we kick this joyous perseverance into gear?
- What are the obstacles to joyous perseverance?
- Share examples of joyous perseverance that you have seen in others that inspire you.