Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- How Buddhism developed and was influenced by many factors
- Discerning the difference between Buddhism and culture
- Why Buddhist institutions are not objects of refuge
- The two main Buddhist traditions according to their language
20 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Spread of Buddhadharma (download)
- What is Buddhism and what is culture? Make some examples from your own experience with practicing and studying Buddhism or from just observing.
- What are some categories other than the Four Noble Truths that can be used to distinguish culture and Buddhism?