Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, “Bodhisattvacharyavatara”, often translated as “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds.” Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- Awareness of the danger of giving up bodhicitta
- The mind is principal for subduing our behavior
- Fear of violence vs. fear arising due to excessive attachment
- What mindfulness means in the Buddhist context
- Benefits of subduing our mind
- How our mind creates external situations
40 Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds: Mindfulness and Fear (download)