Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, “Bodhisattvacharyavatara”, often translated as “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds.” Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- Factors preventing us from eliminating our real problem: afflictions
- Shifting our mind towards combating the real enemy
- Keeping our virtuous commitment
- Striving in applying the antidote to afflictions
- Acting according to our current capabilities while opposing our afflictions
- Afflictions can be abandoned because they arise from a mistaken cause
38 Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds: The Courage to Destroy the Afflictions (download)