Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, “Bodhisattvacharyavatara”, often translated as “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds.” Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- Using examples from our life as analogies to develop our own discrimination
- Putting our energy to generating the two bodhicittas
- Reviewing the outline of Chapter 3
- Definition of conscientiousness
- Benefits of ethical conduct
- Antidotes to having doubt about the path
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.