Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, “Bodhisattvacharyavatara”, often translated as “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds.” Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- Difference between attachment and caring about others
- Investigating our judgmental mind
- Seeing the afflictions as something that is not inherently us
- Contemplating how the afflictions harm us, taking away our freedom and generating boundless suffering over an infinite amount of time
- Developing new habits to confront the afflictions
- Why it is unsuitable to befriend the afflictions
36 Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds: The Enemy of the Afflictions (download)