Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, “Bodhisattvacharyavatara”, often translated as “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds.” Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- Only our merit can protect us at the time of death
- Disadvantages of not preparing for our death
- What does it mean to seek refuge?
- The meaning of fear and offering our body to the holy beings
- How Dharma practice clears away our vulnerability to dangers
- Relying on the antidote to afflictions
- Cultivating compassion for those we fear
- How can we help someone to die well?
- Is someone your teacher if you only receive their teachings online?
- Letting go of our fear by practicing compassion
13 Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds: Offering Ourselves to the Buddhas(download)