Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, “Bodhisattvacharyavatara”, often translated as “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds.” Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- Getting over the habit of blaming others and thinking that happiness lies in external objects
- Why it is unsuitable to befriend the afflictions
- Contemplating how afflictions harm the mind and body
- Generating courage to eliminate the afflictions
- Making the determination that it is unsuitable to get tired of the difficulties
- The benefits of striving to eliminate the afflictions
37 Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds: Resolving to Overcome Our Afflictions (download)