Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, “Bodhisattvacharyavatara”, often translated as “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds.” Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- The life story of Shantideva
- Three levels of practitioners and their practice
- Introduction and outline of the text
- Homage to the Buddha and three qualities of his abandonments and realisations
- Divisions of the Buddha bodies
- The meaning of the “Buddha’s heirs” in the spiritual sense
01 Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds: Introduction and Homage (download)