Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, “Bodhisattvacharyavatara”, often translated as “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds.” Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- Relationship between ethical conduct and identifying afflictions
- How integrity and consideration for others sustain our inner strength
- Analyzing our attachment to the happiness of just this life
- Disadvantages of following our afflictions
- Contemplating how afflictions harm both ourselves and others
- Consequences of following hatred and craving
35 Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds: How the Afflictions deceive Us (download)