Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, “Bodhisattvacharyavatara”, often translated as “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds.” Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- What worshiping physical representations of the Buddha means
- The reason for making offerings
- Verbal praise and physical homage to the Three Jewels
- Showing respect and gratitude to our Dharma teachers
- The meaning of the final and the provisional refuge
- Questions and answers:
- The reason for mentioning the Guru in the Refuge prayer
- What to do with offerings after some time?
- How to take a refuge ceremony?
09 Engaging in the Bodhisattvas Deeds: Different Kinds of Refuge (download)