Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, “Bodhisattvacharyavatara”, often translated as “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds.” Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- Revision of Refuge in the Three Jewels
- Indicating the need to purify by the analogy of the precipice
- The reason why we should make effort quickly
- The power of turning away from negative actions
- Suffering caused by conceit and exaggeration
- Review of Chapter 2: the first three of the four limbs in the seven-limb prayer
14 Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds: Freeing Ourselves from Negativity (download)