Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, “Bodhisattvacharyavatara”, often translated as “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds.” Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- Seeking power in effective ways
- Decreasing attachment to social life and meaningless activities
- Analyzing our mind before speaking or acting
- Working with mental excitement, attachment to praise, self-importance, pretension and deceit
- Antidotes to desire of material gain, honor and fame
- Antidotes to laziness, lack of integrity, impatience and idle talk
47 Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds: How to Act When Afflictions Arise (download)