Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, “Bodhisattvacharyavatara”, often translated as “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds.” Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- Dealing with afflictions in current crisis by challenging our concept of “I”
- Dedicating the roots of virtue to become the cause of all necessities for oneself and others
- Incorporating dependent arising and emptiness in our practice
- How we can benefit society by combining compassion and wisdom
- Building up strength to help sentient beings
- Taking the bodhisattva vow to fortify our energy to engage in the bodhisattva deeds
17 Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds: Taking the Bodhisattva Ethical Restraint (download)