A series of talks based on An Open-Hearted Life given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in April 2017. Co-written with clinical psychologist Dr. Russell Kolts, the book offers practical Buddhist and Western psychological approaches to developing compassion.
- Increasing mindfulness can aid in developing compassion
- How mindfulness allows us to work with our emotions and actions
- Mindfulness and parenting
- Examining how we impute meaning on events or others
- Using R.A.I.N. to develop mindfulness
- Guided reflection: Mindful checking in
An Open-Hearted Life 12: Mindful awareness (download)