A series of talks based on An Open-Hearted Life given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in April 2017. Co-written with clinical psychologist Dr. Russell Kolts, the book offers practical Buddhist and Western psychological approaches to developing compassion.
- The difference between people pleasing and compassion
- Compassion does not involve fixing other people’s problems
- Compassion does not mean becoming a doormat
- Compassion may mean acting in way others don’t like or saying no
- Genuine compassion is a gift to others with no strings attached
“An Open-Hearted Life”: Confusion about compassion (download)