The seven-point instruction of cause and effect
A series of talks based on An Open-Hearted Life given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in April 2017. Co-written with clinical psychologist Dr. Russell Kolts, the book offers practical Buddhist and Western psychological approaches to developing compassion.
- One of the methods to develop love, compassion and altruism
- Step one: Recognizing we are connected to all living beings
- Step two: Reflecting on their kindness
- Step three: The wish to repay their kindness
- Reflection: Gratitude for the care we’ve received
An Open-Hearted Life: The seven-point instruction of cause and effect (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.