A series of talks based on An Open-Hearted Life given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in April 2017. Co-written with clinical psychologist Dr. Russell Kolts, the book offers practical Buddhist and Western psychological approaches to developing compassion.
- The definition of compassion
- If you want to be happy, practice compassion
- Compassion takes courage
- Reflection: three students and three teachers
- Compassion has a ripple effect to those around us
- Compassion and depression
An 0pen-Hearted Life 05: Why we need compassion (download)