A series of talks based on An Open-Hearted Life given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in April 2017. Co-written with clinical psychologist Dr. Russell Kolts, the book offers practical Buddhist and Western psychological approaches to developing compassion.
- Misconceptions about compassion
- Compassion requires courage
- Being compassionate without getting overwhelmed by suffering
- Reflection: getting to know ourselves
- Confusion about compassion—knowing what is and isn’t compassion
- Compassion is an attitude, the behavior follows from that
An 0pen-Hearted Life 09: Courageous compassion (download)