A series of talks based on An Open-Hearted Life given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in April 2017. Co-written with clinical psychologist Dr. Russell Kolts, the book offers practical Buddhist and Western psychological approaches to developing compassion.
- Brief overview of Buddhism
- The main cause of suffering is our disturbing emotions
- The Dharma offers practical tools to to transform our mind
- Why we have disturbing emotions
- When emotions arise in our mind we have a choice
- Some antidotes to dealing with disturbing emotions
An Open-Hearted Life 18: Being responsible for our emotions (download)