Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Review of emotions according to the scientific and Buddhist viewpoint
- Useful formula that describes the process by which suffering occurs in cyclic existence
- Kindness when confronted with hostility and different motivations for not harming others
- Dividing consciousness into main minds and mental factors
- How positive states of mind can be developed and knowing when afflictions are arising
42 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Review of Emotions and Afflictions (download)