Part of a series of talks based on An Open-Hearted Life given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in April 2017. Co-written with clinical psychologist Dr. Russell Kolts, the book offers practical Buddhist and Western psychological approaches to developing compassion.
- When we feel safe we can help others
- Letting go of self-evalutation
- Feeling safe is linked to feeling connected to others
- Cultivating the ability to make ourselves feel safe
- By taking care of others we take care of ourselves
- Reflection: Receiving compassionate connection
An Open-Hearted Life 39: Helping each other feel safe (download)
A guided meditation led prior to the talk can be found here.