A series of talks based on An Open-Hearted Life given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in April 2017. Co-written with clinical psychologist Dr. Russell Kolts, the book offers practical Buddhist and Western psychological approaches to developing compassion.
- What it means to have self-compassion
- Self-compassion helps us have compassion for others
- How self-compassion helps free us from being needy
- Self-compassion versus self-criticism
- Three components of self-compassion
- Compassionate self-correction
An Open-Hearted Life 30: Self-compassion (download)