Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Various definitions of compassion
- Findings from research about the effects of compassion
- Benefits of developing compassion
- Three types of dukkha
- Interactive discussion on habitual response to experiencing dukkha versus responding with compassion
- Compassion, what it is and what it is not
56 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Review of Cultivating Love and Compassion (download)