Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- The variety of Vinaya schools and which practitioners follow them
- Comparing and contrasting sutras in the three canons
- Different views on Abhidharma works according to various traditions
- All three canons are worthy of respect and contain the words of the Buddha
- The origin, value and divisions of Buddhist philosophical schools
26 Approaching the Buddhist Path: The Three Baskets (download)
- List some of the benefits of cherishing others without looking into a book. Make your own list from your own experiences.
- Why do we still hold on to self-cherishing even though we know that it’s of no benefit in the long-term and even in the short-term?
- Why is it important to study the Abhidharma?