Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Proving that the Mahayana sutras are the words of the Buddha
- Pali and Sanskrit views on liberation, buddhahood, and the mind
- The meaninglessness of being attached to our reputation
- Why there is no reason to criticize the Mahayana teachings
- Four authentic factors and the importance of valuing our spiritual lineage
29 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Is the Buddha’s Word Always Spoken by the Buddha? (download)
- Why do you think people might doubt the authenticity of scriptures?
- Why is it important to be aware of your spiritual lineage?
- How do we develop faith and confidence in the teachings of the Buddha?
- Identify what teachings you heard that you know in your bones are true.
- Venerable Chodron said: When doubts arise or people are challenging you, come back to this what is true for you. This really grounds you. Identify at least with one thing that helps ground you in your faith.