Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Three factors that make a treasure teaching authentic
- Explanation and examples of pure vision teachings
- Practicing guru yoga as a way to be inspired by your teacher
- How to correctly understand exaggerated statements
- Various ways to think about our doubts regarding certain scriptures
37 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Exaggerated Statements? (download)
- What are your thoughts about the treasure and pure vision teachings? Do you believe in them?
- If you believe or don’t believe in them, what are your reasons?
- How do these teachings affect your actions in daily life, for example the relationship to others who are worthy of respect such as our teachers?