Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Three factors that make a treasure teaching authentic
- Explanation and examples of pure vision teachings
- Practicing guru yoga as a way to be inspired by your teacher
- How to correctly understand exaggerated statements
- Various ways to think about our doubts regarding certain scriptures
37 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Exaggerated Statements? (download)
- What are your thoughts about the treasure and pure vision teachings? Do you believe in them?
- If you believe or don’t believe in them, what are your reasons?
- How do these teachings affect your actions in daily life, for example the relationship to others who are worthy of respect such as our teachers?
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.