Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Why the teachings are organized in different ways
- Three stages of the path and how one progresses through them
- Ethical conduct as a strong foundation for one’s practice
- Three levels of practitioners as the framework for lamrim
- Topics for generating the motivation and actualizing the results for each level
- Practicing according to one’s current abilities and planting seeds for future practices
- What it means to practice “paths in common” with preceding levels
47 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Paths for Spiritual Development (download)
- Why do we have to apply many different practices in order to transform our mind?
- Why is it so important to practice ethical conduct?
- Why is it important to understand the Four Noble Truths when we want to take refuge?