Part of a series of talks based on An Open-Hearted Life given at Sravasti Abbey’s monthly Sharing the Dharma Day starting in April 2017. Co-written with clinical psychologist Dr. Russell Kolts, the book offers practical Buddhist and Western psychological approaches to developing compassion.
- Empathy is a core component of compassion
- Making an effort to understand the feelings and experience of others
- Tips for developing empathic understanding
- Empathy leads to compassion
- How to show others you understand their experience
- Reflection on empathy
- Questions and answers
An Open-Hearted Life 40: Compassion and empathy review (download)
A guided meditation led prior to the talk can be found here.