Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- How to develop the compassion, wisdom, and skills to benefit others
- Adopting four kinds of activities to alleviate our own or others difficulties
- Differentiating between buddhist practices and secular methods
- Examining how our biases influence our views or actions
- Balancing spiritual practice, right livelihood, and benefiting the broader society
- Factors to consider when spiritual practitioners get involved in politics
61 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Engaged Buddhism and Political Involvement (download)
- What makes it a Buddhist practice?
- What is a good motivation for learning secular topics?
- In what ways could we Buddhist practitioners serve society on a secular as well as spiritual level?