Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Realistic and unrealistic sense of self
- Personal integrity and consideration for others to restrain our actions of body, speech, and mind
- Importance of consistent practice for creating the causes to overcome afflictions and attain realizations
- Having a long term view to cultivate a proper motivation and enthusiastic efforts to practice
- Why we need to practice the foundation topics before wanting to engage in advanced practices
54 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Realistic Expectations (download)
- What are the main points of the teachings on “Realistic Expectations” & “Advanced Practices at the Right Time?”
- What is a healthy/ realistic sense of self?
- What are your biggest identities and how do they hinder you in making spiritual progress?
Advanced practices at the right time
- Check in with yourself to see if you really integrate the teachings into your mind and life, or if they are just mere words? Where in doubt, study and practice the basic teachings.