Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Daniel Perdue’s book, The Course in Buddhist Reasoning and Logic: An Asian Approach to Analytical Thinking Drawn from Indian and Tibetan Sources.
- Clarifying the difference between definition, definiendum, and illustration
- Different languages reflect the way people think and their context
- Understanding how arbitrary names are
- The meaning of definition and definiendum
- The three qualities of a definition
76 The Course in Buddhist Reasoning and Debate: Definitions (download)