Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Daniel Perdue’s book, The Course in Buddhist Reasoning and Logic: An Asian Approach to Analytical Thinking Drawn from Indian and Tibetan Sources.
- The three modes of reasoning to check the validity of a syllogism
- The different types of valid cognition
- Western versus Buddhist syllogisms
- Discussion of emptiness and dependent arising
- The difference between permanent and eternal
10 The Course in Buddhist Reasoning and Debate: Syllogisms (download)