Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Daniel Perdue’s book, The Course in Buddhist Reasoning and Logic: An Asian Approach to Analytical Thinking Drawn from Indian and Tibetan Sources.
- Understanding the elements of a syllogism
- Statements of qualities and statements of pervasion
- Pervasion versus counter-pervasion
- Examples of concrete singular terms and abstract singulars
- The difference between definition and definiendum
14 The Course in Buddhist Reasoning and Debate: Statements of Qualities (download)