Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Daniel Perdue’s book, The Course in Buddhist Reasoning and Logic: An Asian Approach to Analytical Thinking Drawn from Indian and Tibetan Sources.
- Clarifications and practice related to sounds
- Difference between Buddhist view and scientific view of elements
- Definition, nature and function of each element
- How Buddhists understand external and internal forms
- Understanding visual perception in terms of consciousness
46 The Course in Buddhist Reasoning and Debate: Internal Matter (download)
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Venerable Chodron emphasizes the practical application of Buddha’s teachings in our daily lives and is especially skilled at explaining them in ways easily understood and practiced by Westerners. She is well known for her warm, humorous, and lucid teachings. She was ordained as a Buddhist nun in 1977 by Kyabje Ling Rinpoche in Dharamsala, India, and in 1986 she received bhikshuni (full) ordination in Taiwan. Read her full bio.