Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Daniel Perdue’s book, The Course in Buddhist Reasoning and Logic: An Asian Approach to Analytical Thinking Drawn from Indian and Tibetan Sources.
- Review of the parts of a syllogism and an analysis of one example
- Clarifying the definitions of the divisions of sound
- Understanding and practicing the language of debate
- The nature, function and manifestation of the four elements
- Examples of comparisons using the elements
51 The Course in Buddhist Reasoning and Debate: Review of External Matter (download)