Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Explanation of four truths in terms of three levels of practitioners
- Understanding refuge based on true paths and true cessations
- Why and how teachings appear in a different sequence in lamrim texts and classical treatises or commentaries
- How sharp-faculty and moderate-faculty students learn the Dharma
- Benefits of integrating topics from philosophical texts into lamrim practice
- Importance of using reasoning to explain topics such as rebirth and liberation to a modern audience
48 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Four Truths and Three Levels of Practitioners (download)
- What is the best approach to teach others?
- What makes it difficult to approach the Buddhist path and develop a firm conviction in the teachings?
- How do we naturally develop refuge in the Three Jewels