Part of a series of teachings on Essence of Refined Gold by the Third Dalai Lama, Gyalwa Sonam Gyatso. The text is a commentary on Songs of Experience by Lama Tsongkhapa.
- Continuation of the commentary on the three levels of Dharma practitioners
- Why those of higher capacity also do the practices in common with the initial level and intermediate level practitioners
Essence of Refined Gold 12 (download)
Questions and answers
- Was Atisha the first to conceptualize the three levels of practitioner?
- Can you explain the idea of “practice in common with”?
- Does the intermediate level practitioner practice insight meditation?
- Is it important to contemplate the hell realms?
- How can we be more aware of the suffering of others?
Essence of Refined Gold 12: Q&A (download)