Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- The historical role of monasteries and why monastics are important
- Understanding ethics relative to our level of practice
- The history of the four Tibetan Buddhist traditions and misconceptions
- The importance of critical inquiry regarding various spiritual views
- The challenge of differentiating the Dharma from cultural expressions
35 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Buddhism in Tibet (download)
- Why is it easier to practice the pratimoksha precepts than the bodhisattva or even tantric precepts?
- Why do we need reasoning and the application of Buddhist practice together and not just one of them?