Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, “Bodhisattvacharyavatara”, often translated as “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds.” Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- Advice on spitting, urinating, taking meals, physical posture
- How to behave while staying at people’s houses and while giving directions
- Advice on physical behavior in public
- What to do before going to sleep and after waking up
- A practice to purify our minds from negativities
- Applying the teachings to perfect the bodhisattva trainings
54 Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds: Practical Advice on Manners (download)