This commentary on Nagarjuna’s Precious Garland was offered at Centilia Cultural Center in Seattle on October 20, 2018.
- Reading excerpts from Practical Ethics and Profound Emptiness: A Commentary on Nagarjuna’s Precious Garland, by Khensur Jampa Tegchok and edited by Thubten Chodron, and providing commentary.
- Qualities of a good leader
- Four means of attracting others
- Causes of higher rebirth, such as practicing ethical conduct and abandoning ten non-virtues
- Cause and effect of highest good (liberation and full awakening)
- Speaking truthfully entails both factual accuracy and benefit to someone.
- Moral: Tell the truth; do not tell lies, even small white lies.
- Questions and answers
Venerable Thubten Chodron – Practical Ethics and Profound Emptiness