Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Early life, study, practice, and personal experiences of of His Holiness Dalai Lama
- Differences between understanding, realizing, and strengthening emptiness versus bodhicitta
- Effects of contemplating on the three types of compassion
- Emphasis on making efforts to practice consistently to tame our minds
- How reading and contemplating topics slowly is beneficial
- Importance of analytical meditation for transforming the mind
58 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Gradual Progress And Cultivating Bodhicitta (download)
- Why does the practice on emptiness make it easier to have love and compassion?
- What does it mean to say “Buddha’s tradition is a living tradition?”
- What is most important for transforming our mind?
- What is important in your life?