Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Daniel Perdue’s book, The Course in Buddhist Reasoning and Logic: An Asian Approach to Analytical Thinking Drawn from Indian and Tibetan Sources.
- Review of syllogisms through examples
- Explanation of the last two purposes of Buddhist debate
- Three reasons why various philosophical views are useful to study
- Understanding the format of debate texts through the three purposes
- Contrasting the meaning of ‘definition’ in Buddhist debate and conventional language
75 The Course in Buddhist Reasoning and Debate: The Three Purposes of Debate (download)