Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Monitoring our mental factors and reflecting on the effect our actions would have on others
- Enduring hardships and willing to give up attachment to comforts to progress on the path
- Importance of developing inner fortitude and courage
- Detrimental effects of revealing one’s spiritual realizations publicly
- Learning from life experiences
59 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Willingness to Undergo Hardship (download)
Willingness to Undergo Hardship
- Ask yourself: what is more important, your present comfort or your spiritual aspiration?
What I have learned in Life
- What practice helps to reduce feelings of barriers between humans?