Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Approaching the Buddhist Path, the first book in “The Library of Wisdom and Compassion” series by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Venerable Thubten Chodron.
- Different perspectives on the Buddha’s life and awakening
- Various ways to divide the Buddha’s bodies into categories
- An exploration of the deeper meaning of “seeing a buddha”
- The history of Nalanda monastery and the flourishing of the Dharma in Tibet
- The importance of gratitude for those who came before us
34 Approaching the Buddhist Path: Four Buddha Bodies (download)
- Staying within the framework of the Mahayana view of the four buddha bodies, describe the reverse order of the Buddha’s awakening.
- To what understanding do you come when viewing the Buddha’s awakening in the reverse order?
- What does it mean to “see the Buddha” or, in other words, why can’t we see the Buddha?