Part of an ongoing series of teachings based on Shantideva’s classic text, “Bodhisattvacharyavatara”, often translated as “Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds.” Venerable Thubten Chodron also refers to the outline of the commentary by Gyaltsab Dharma Rinchen and the commentary by the Abbot Dragpa Gyaltsen.
- Abandoning a cause for not training in ethical conduct – attachment to the body
- Meditating on the impurity of the body
- Contemplating the lack of inherent existence of the body
- Reason why it is unsuitable to be attached to the body
- The body can be used to practice virtue and benefit others
- Example of how it is inappropriate to procrastinate due to attachment
49 Engaging in the Bodhisattva’s Deeds: The Filth of the Body (download)